PECINTA KONTES KECANTIKAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auditions, Auditions, Auditions!

Go down

Auditions, Auditions, Auditions! Empty Auditions, Auditions, Auditions!

Post  Admin 4/9/2013, 23:17

Malaysia’s Melinder Bhullar wore a “Wings of Gold” costume.
Auditions, Auditions, Auditions! 040913_National_02

She explains that “We believe in spreading our rich culture and history, to share it with the world. This dress encompasses the ‘One Malaysian’ concept, bringing together many aspects of malay culture. The cut of the dress and lace work represents China, there are Indian accessories, and of course we feature indigenous Malaysia Culture the head gear, with the star and the moon, which you can see on our nations flag, and the dress features hand sewn ‘Kain Songket’ feathers of the horn bill, one of our birds found in the east of Malaysia.”

We asked Malaysia about her experience of Miss World so far, and she responded that “I arrived yesterday on the 3rd at 7pm. So far it is amazing! Meeting people from all over the world! I’m here for a reason: to make a difference by sharing my culture with the world. Being able to do so with the world is prestigious, and I feel very privileged.”

Canada said “I don’t know of any other organization that gives you such an amazing opportunity. It’s humbling. I’m so happy that I was chosen to be here to represent Canada and I’m looking forward to all of the challenges. They will be challenges and obstacles and victories that we will all share together.”

Auditions, Auditions, Auditions! 040913_National_03
“I am doing a traditional first nations jingle dance. My dress is a jingle dress and it signifies healing. Both the dress and the dance signify this.

“It is very colourful, it has a combination of beading and cones with the cones on the dress moving to the beat of the drum.

It is a traditional dance, originally performed because a girl from a tribe was very sick. The elders told her that if they dressed her in this costume and performed the dance then she was healed!”

Her dress was made locally in her hometown of Saskatchewan.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://pecintakontes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down